Whether you like taking in historic sites and cathedrals or great shopping and nightlife, quiet, quaint villages or swinging seaside resorts, the cosmopolitan aura of London or the spectacular beauty of the Lake District, you'll find plenty to see and do in England. This friendly guide doesn't solve the mystery of prehistoric Stonehenge, but it helps you solve the mystery of how to make the most of your time and your money, with:
- Five great one- or two-week itineraries to help you hit the high points on your list
- Suggestions for day-trips from London
- The low-down on the high-brow castles
- Information on areas from the Yorkshire moors to the cliffs of Cornwall to Stratford-upon-Avon
- Tips for getting around in London via Underground, bus, or taxi
- A tear-out cheat sheet to help you with unfamiliar British words so you can understand the blokes
Like every For Dummies travel guide, England For Dummies, ...